Wednesday 20 May 2009

A Rainy Day in Wales


Yup, another rainy day. Getting fed up with this. Enough!

Late start online today, looked through the post after breakfast, then did some knitting whilst half watching Homes Under the Hammer. Wish someone would take a hammer to this place! (Along with a number of other tools). One day, DH says, when his knees, hip, whatever goes wrong next, are fixed. Sigh.

I do a lot of sighing. It's either that or bash head on brick wall (well, stone round here).

I've got some followers already! Squee!

BTW I found my other blog ... I wondered who would have pinched "toffeesmum" (that's me on Ravelry) and what they'd be talking about so I had a look. Hang on, I thought, this looks familiar. The long lost missing blog is found. Now, do I continue here or use the other one? (Rhetorical question.) Too much of a decision atm, I think I'll stay here for now and point to here from there.

Made postman smile, little Farley (photo above) was sat on the window sill growling at him, but he couldn't hear her through two layers of glass! In the post this morning, some spun alpaca samples from the mill, and (yet another) book from USA - Knitting Fair Isle Mittens & Gloves by Carol Rasmussen Noble. Another tick on the wish list. Yay.

Crikey, it's getting brighter out there, maybe I'd better get out there before the next shower arrives. Thought we were having a warm summer this year. Could be if the saying "oak before ash, we're in for a splash; ash before oak, we're in for a soak" is right - the oaks are well ahead on the leaves stakes.

I've been out and back again, ages ago. More rain since then. DH fancies a trip to Aberaeron at high tide (17:39 today) to see the sea splashing over the new sea defences. Might get an ice cream after from the chippy.








.

No comments:

Post a Comment