Thursday 21 May 2009

A Sunny Day in Wales


That makes a nice change, a bit of sun. It did rain first thing this morning, so at least the big outdoors was clean and fresh.

I'm now the proud owner of a new fringe! It was quite a step, having 6 months' hair growth chopped off, but I'm glad I've had it done now, and it didn't hurt a bit.

Have just written to Tesco to see if they'll resurrect some Clubcard vouchers I found misfiled - out of date now, but it's probably worth asking.

I also wrote to vetuk.co.uk yesterday (by e-mail) whingeing about their newsletter - they have great offers on large bags of pet food, but only ever for dogs. What about us multiple cat owners? I only ever seem to see 50% discounts on the most expensive foods in the smallest packs. Do I expect too much from this world?

Have been Twittering (more properly, tweeting I suppose) today, we were trying to get Ravelry into the Trending Topics list. Done that, now we're going for higher position. Yay! Wot fun!

Sat in the garden for lunch, a bit bright out there, but sooo green and lush.

Hmm, Muffin has just come and sat next to me ... quick time check, yup, 15 mins to feeding time. He's always early, but then he is on a special weight reducing diet. I sympathise with him, but at least if I get the munchies I can raid the fridge. Cruel cat owner!

Muffin's the one on the left of the piccie, being all loving with his brother Barney.

Still trying to get to grips with this blogging lark ... what happens if I add another piccie ... hmm, seems to put it where it wants to. Time to roll up sleeves and doctor the HTML I think ...



Right, that's better moved the piccie to where I want it! This was from yesterday evening at Aberaeron, looking at the sea defenses work they're doing. Daft time to go take photos, we sat in the car most of the time with it hissing down outside (making the sea bigger!), should have gone this evening, nice and sunny! Strange that they're doing this work during the summer so visitors can't go for walkies on the sea front. BTW those rocks are about a cubic metre in size, and the piles are really tall (don't ask me how tall, I'm useless at estimating stuff like that). Maybe four metres sticking up??

The natives are getting restless ... YT is now attacking the scotch tension on my spinning wheel. I told him off and he's moved on to my carders. Better distract them all with cat food before he starts of the big bag of BFL rovings! Little sod!

Going for a wander in the evening sunshine now ... then back and knit, possibly outside if it's not too breezy.

No comments:

Post a Comment